Kinkell Bridge (River Earn)
The association has arranged to fish for salmon on the Kinkell beat of the River Earn, between Auchterarder and Crieff, from 5 September to 31 October 2017. The beat runs for more than two miles from the weir at Mills of Earn, 3/4-mile upstream of Kinkell Bridge, to the marker post 1.5 miles downstream of the bridge.
NB – For 2017 the River Earn is categorised as a Cat 2 river meaning that salmon may be kept in keeping with club rules and the recommendations of the Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board. Please continue to practise responsible angling and return the majority of salmon.
Availability in 2017
|Not available||Two rods, available online||Not available||Two rods, available online||Not available||Two rods, available online|
This fishing is being made available through the on-line booking links, with some places for those not on-line being offered by ballot. The link will open for taking bookings on 29th August.
The booking criteria for this fishing are the same as all other beats, i.e.
- Bookings cannot be made more than seven days in advance.
- Members can cancel their own bookings.
- Only one place can be taken per day.
- Further bookings cannot be made until a previous booking has expired or been cancelled.
As this will be the only salmon fishing we have available after 14th October, the above procedures may be tightened up after that date.
NOTE: the ghillie, Sandy MacInosh, will be at the hut for 9:00am and be available somewhere on the beat until 10:00am or later.
- Members should report to Sandy at the hut before starting to fish.
- Members should stick to the allocated pools (see links to beat maps below). Change over period is 1:00pm.
- Members who will be arriving late should contact Sandy if possible before 8:00am (Tel: 01738 730271)
- Members turning up after Sandy has left the hut should consult the notice board for their allocated pools.
- Litter / discarded line etc should be disposed of responsibly, not left in the hut or on the river banks.
- Members should adhere to the beat's catch and release policy if this is stricter than the TDSFB guidance.
- Please do not discuss the Association agreement with this fishery with others fishing the beat. However well- intentioned this action can be detrimental to the fisheries future bookings.
Kinkell Bridge beat map 1 (NB the north point on this map points south!)
Kinkell Bridge beat map 2 (north is to the top of the map)
From Perth, take the A9 southwest towards Stirling and turn right on the A824 at Aberuthven (signpost Auchterarder, Aberuthven, all local services). Pass through Aberuthven village and turn right on a minor road (signposted Kinkell Bridge). When you reach a T-junction, turn right on the B8062 (signposted Innerpeffray and Crieff). Cross the bridge and turn right – the first opening on the right is the fishing hut, with parking for six to eight cars.